Mercury Circle 05/04/2005


Sitters... Travis, Daisy, Caroline, Nick.
Medium... Joan.

We were all singing along to the music when we heard a quiet voice in the cabinet...

Nick... 'Do you want to speak to us?'

James... 'James... James...'

Daisy... 'Hello James'

Nick... 'Is that your name James'

James... 'Yes...'

Nick... 'Keep trying, we can't quite here what you're saying'

James... 'Happy happy... funny funny...'

Nick... 'What's funny?'

James... ‘Happy to be dead, happy to be dead, want to let you know, just want to let you know'

Caroline... 'We're happy to be here'

James... 'Don't be frightened... beautiful, beautiful, pretty, pretty...'

Daisy... 'Have you been there long James?'

James... 'Seven years, seven years...'

Daisy... 'How old were you?'

James... 'Don't know, don't know... happy, happy'

Nick... 'What do you do in the spirit side of life?'

James... 'Nothing, nothing...'

Nick... 'Isn't that a bit boring?'

James... 'Resting, resting...'

Daisy... 'Do you remember how you past on?'

James... 'No... I don't know...'

Caroline... 'Are you a child?'

James... 'No, big...'

Caroline... 'Are you an old man?'

James... 'Yes, yes... I had senility, yes...'

Daisy... 'But you're okay now'

James... 'Yes, I'm resting, I'm resting, yes, I'm James'

Caroline... 'Did you have children on this side?'

James... 'Yes... Guy... Guy, yes you understand?'

Nick... 'Was that your son Guy?'

James... 'Yes, you understand?'

Caroline... 'Just one child?'

James... ‘I had two but one here, yes'

Caroline... 'One had died?'

James... 'Yes, Sarah'

Caroline... 'You've met her, have you?'

James... 'Yes'

Nick... 'Whereabouts did you live when you were on this side?'

James... 'I don't know'

Nick... 'Is it hard to remember?'

James... 'I don't know... yes I'm happy... It's a little not knowing, it's blurred, yes I feel it's blurred, part of it is blurred'

Daisy... 'Is this the first time you've communicated?'

James... 'I think so'

Daisy... 'You're doing very well'

James... 'Yes, I don't know what the object of the exercise is exactly, I think they think it might be good for me, I don't know...'

Nick... 'Maybe next time you'll remember a bit more'

James... 'Maybe yes, you just don't know do you, you just don't know'

Caroline... 'Have you seen any other people you know on your side?'

James... ‘Mama...’

Caroline... ‘And what is her name?’

James... ‘Mary, yes and Ursula, Ursula’

Caroline... ‘What about your father?’

James... ‘I don’t know. I don’t know’

Daisy... ‘You’re remembering quite a lot, that’s good’

James... ‘Yes I suppose so, I suppose so, yes... I should go now, I should go now’

Nick... ‘Okay, you’ve done very well’

James... ‘That’s kind, that’s kind’

Nick... ‘You’re welcome to come again’

James... ‘That’s kind, that is kind and I do appreciate it... yes... you’re very kind, I do appreciate it I do’

Caroline... ‘It’s lovely talking to you’

James... ‘Thank you’

Daisy... ‘Do come again’

James... ‘Thank you all, thank you’

We put the music back on and a few minutes later Freddie joined us...

Freddie... ‘Radio, radio darlings...’

All... ‘Hello Freddie’

Freddie... ‘Hello darlings’

Nick... ‘How is it this evening?’

Freddie... ‘It’s been very important’

Caroline... ‘In what way?’

Freddie... ‘We have succeeded where we’ve failed in the past with our old tart’

Nick... ‘In what way do you mean?’

Freddie... ‘Relaxed and happy and lying down. She's very happy and so are we. Yes interesting, maybe not interesting to you...’

Caroline... ‘Well it was interesting just now, we had somebody come through called James’

Freddie... ‘Yes we allow them to now and again because it is refreshing for you, it is refreshing for him and it gives us an idea of what is happening you see so we’re all winners... isn’t that so Neddie?’

Travis... ‘Spot on...’

Freddie... ‘I usually am darling so beware... yes, I think I rather left you speechless, you won’t win dear, don’t fight it darling just admit to it. I've got your number darling and is it going to come in 3rd, 2nd or 1st... you could be onto a winner you know Neddie’

(Freddie called Travis Neddie due to his passion with horse racing)

Caroline... ‘Freddie can I ask you something?’

Freddie... ‘Yes darling’

Caroline... ‘With the passing of the pope recently, would he go to a very high sphere on your side immediately?’

Freddie... ‘No... no you go where you deserve to go. A good man, very good man but he has relatives who wish to speak with him, you see he’s a human being darling. He is very important on your Earth but that is not really recognised here. He had a position to fill, it was his life’s work and like all people it is being observed as to how he handles his work and his life, no more, no less than anyone else, all men are equal, some are able to have better results than others but we make no difference to whatever title you may have. There are many clergy in your world who are not particularly good people, there are bishops who are not particularly good people, there have been popes in the past who have not been particularly good people but this man is a human being and he has to judge himself and meet his family and loved ones... any more than that I'm not really allowed to say to you. He is an individual with private thoughts, private activities...’

Caroline... ‘They are talking about making him a saint over here’

Freddie... ‘Yes... again a title, an Earthly title’

Daisy... ‘I suppose there’s an element of shock, especially as the Roman Catholics do not talk about the afterlife’

Freddie... ‘Different ways of perceiving it darling... it is taught to be evil and many of the people are aware of an afterlife and aware of seeing us and they’re not allowed to talk about it... but if it makes people happy to follow that way of thinking then who are we... and if it makes you happy and behave in a good honorable and kind way then get on with it. We're all different dears, we’re all so very, very different, yes but I really can’t comment any more, I'm not allowed to you see. But it doesn’t matter who you are. I think there were things that he did while on Earth that was dignity, there’s dignity in all men no matter how high or how low in the Earth they are or what position they reach they recognise that every person has a dignity and that is a wonderful way to think and if you yourself are trying to behave with dignity then this is a very nice atmosphere to live in because again it creates respect and if you have respect for one another it doesn't matter what you say or think you have to respect the other person’s point of view. Of course, there are many people who are doing wrong, many people do wrong but they are still to be respected because they are human beings and they have got a light within them. They may be completely wrong in their outlook on life and their ideas but who are you to judge... yes, I think that was a very clever speech... I think we had better move along now. I would like to say we feel that we have had a successful evening. We of course miss our little friend but we have compensated for that and I hope you all have had an enjoyable evening. If it hasn’t been momentous then I'm terribly sorry but I don’t care because I'm not here to impress you or anyone else, we’re here to prove survival after death and nothing else... you don’t get any tricks from us, no way Jose... I’m such a modern chap, old Jo Jo’s getting touched up while I'm speaking to you... we are doing very well dears’

Daisy... ‘We’re very pleased she’s settled’

Freddie... ‘Yes, it’s a bit of a relief actually but we knew what we were doing, just wasn’t right last time but it worked... aurevior darlings...’

All... ‘Aurevoir...’

Tob then came through to close...