Mercury Circle 24/08/2004

Joan was feeling better this week. Tob had been through for his welcome and we’d heard some independent voice development noises moving around inside the cabinet. Then we heard some talking so turned down the music…

Communicator… ‘We are very busy, we are very busy. It is important for there is much to do. Rome was not built in a day and we have to keep a permanence in our work. We do not wish to be frivolous in our work. We do not wish to amuse you. We are willing you to have patience with us for we want our flowers to bloom permanently. We wish to have the beauty, the aroma and the permanency so that we have no seasons. So that we have always summertime in our work. For there are many who are helping and many are very excited by this work for there are many on our side who do share the excitement and the possibilities that are open to us and I do not come to apologise for it is no game it is important work. I promise you we will achieve much not because we are flamboyant no… but because we are methodical and there are many things we can speak to you about. We are progressing and I cannot say to you that we will have a carnival for we are serious in our work and we can give intelligent account of ourselves, the end, the end’

Then Freddie joined us…

All… ‘Hello Freddie’

Freddie… ‘Thank God for me’

Daisy… ‘How was Athens?’

Freddie… ‘Oh, so so’

Caroline… ‘Who was that speaking before?’

Freddie… ‘Oh he’s one of the group dear’

Caroline… ‘He sounded Chinese’

Freddie… ‘He is… no dear he isn’t Chinese, I’m not quite sure what he is but he is well established in this field and it is interesting…
So then they bring me on but you know you have to have some kind of normality don’t you darlings, yes?… no it’s going very, very well, yes we’re winning’

Caroline… ‘How many years do you think?’

Freddie… ‘Oh you are a naughty girl’

Caroline… ‘There’s no such thing as time on your side’

Freddie… ‘We have all the time in the world and time waits for no man’

Daisy… ‘If we don’t finish here we’ll finish over there’

Travis… ‘Come on be positive’

Freddie… ‘Thank you Neddie, I’ll see you later, thank goodness for Neddie…
Well you’re all looking alright. I’m rather fetching too… Anyway I’d just like to say the conversation, or the talk, should I say, that you have just had is really a milestone for there are so many hurdles that we have jumped, fallen over, or sometimes just walked round, so it really is a milestone that we are talking with this chap, yes…’

Caroline… ‘Can you explain a bit more?’

Freddie… ‘Well he is, shall we say an expert’

Caroline… ‘An ex-pat?’

Freddie.. ‘An EXPERT… Oh do listen, I shall be annoyed… and he has been observing for a while and he has come back and visited us to give his opinion and that was it. You know he doesn’t just stay with us, he is I suppose a bit like an officer, we are the privates and he is the general. Do you get the gist of it dears?’

Daisy… ‘He said about things being permanent. I suppose he means we’re going slowly but surely?’

Freddie… ‘You don’t want fireworks and then go out like a damp squib. If it isn’t worth doing I wouldn’t be here and that is not making me important, it is letting you know how serious I am about it because as he said it’s no joking matter, it’s deadly serious dears… oh please laugh you are allowed, did you hear that Neddie, DEADLY serious’

Travis… ‘Yes I did’

Freddie… ‘We have taken an awfull lot of energy away from you all’

Nick… ‘We’ve noticed that’

Freddie… ‘Yes so you’ll be a few pounds lighter, we’ve put it in jars and we’re going to cook with it so there’s a bit of all of you going in the oven…
Anyway I’m going to go because it’s my time to leave, I mustn’t dally… yes… I can’t explain to you. If you imagine a light bulb and you know the three little prongs that stick up inside, that’s you, and you know when you see the energy moving between those prongs that’s us and we will light the place darlings, we shall glow and I think we can even be 150 watts…
I’m being told to shut up. You know what I don’t give a toss. Anyway darlings I shall go play some music and dance. Au revoir, love you ever so much. Au revoir’

All… ‘Au revoir Freddie’